Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Grocery stores.

I figured since it's September 1st I might as well start a new post 'cuz it's a new month and once school starts the only thing you're going to be reading is about how much I detest being unemployed, swamped with school work and poor.

Today, I awoke to no power which is never a good sign seeing as how I just bought like twenty-something dollars on meat two days ago that's been sitting in my freezer. I walk outside because I had to walk to school to check my email and to see if I can convince anyone to sell me any cheap books. Getting books was a fail. About an hour or two later I went to Gulliver's to get some food and got a call from a job I want. the work uniform is a kilt and a tshirt. YES. They have jam night every Tuesday. YES. They want a dishwasher and it doesn't work with my school schedule.

FUCK.

Anywo, I was pretty sour but then I left to go pick up groceries because I felt like an Ethiopian on a hunger strike. The closest grocery store nearby is Superstore. I wanted to pick up a bunch of juice and milk and stuff to make brownies so I knew I'd need a cart. I get here and all the carts are all locked up and I'm sitting there like I'm having a staring contest with the sun because it's like, 4pm and Superstore isn't closed. Looking closer I saw that I needed a FUCKING LOONEY TO GET A CART.

I only ever tend to carry crackchange (looneys, twoonies pennys, nickels and dimes, and quarters) when I go out at night for cabs and greasy, drunken fool's food or for transit. Obviously I was not trashed, getting in a taxi or hopping on a bus today so I was stuck with the basket to carry 6 leters of juice/milk, brownie mix, potatoes, carrots and a pound of strawberries. Needless to say my shoulder feels like I just shook hands with a politician on speed. There's no way in hell I was hitting up an ATM for a 20$ bill to merely exchange it for a few bills for my OCD ass to fold into tiny squares to lose in my laundry and at-least one looney.

It's extremely inconvenient to expect people to fork over pocket change everytime they go to get groceries with how over 70% if people own a debit card to make purchases.

Jerks.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAH You didn't know that about StuperStore?

    Mind you I KNOW that about that shithole and I always forget a looney. However, I'm generally dropping around $300 on fud and there's no fucking way I'm doing that with a basket.
    I have to get change.

    Fucking jerks.

    Just makes their carts a hot commodity to steal.

    ReplyDelete