Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Bacon! Food! Tasty! Recipes?

Hey fools, I know you’re all up and all livid about the state of Florida instantly becoming the sociopaths of the world’s new vacation spot so I’m not even gonna press your opinion buttons. Instead I’m gonna fuck with your tastebuds and salivary glands.

It’s super fricken’ hot out now that it’s July, and by hot I mean like 35 degrees. In americanese that’s like 90 degrees. I don’t care if it’s hotter where you are, I just don’t like having my hand stick to the fridge everytime I open it now. I was up the other night at like, four AM talking to a few friends and one of them asked me for some random chicken recipes when I instantly realized I haven’t cooked up any cool shit and posted it on my blog in a while. I got to thinking of things I haven’t made in a while. My mom’s been off the handle the last few weeks while I’ve been home to get me to make her a cool dish so essentially she gave me money to cook with. I decided to make use of it by buying pasta and a whole lotta bacon and chicken.

YES. BACON. CHICKEN. FETTICHINI. MARBLE CHEESE. FANCY ALFREDO SAUCE..And a bunch of spices and vegetables.

This is the approximate measurements/stuff you need to impress mom/dad/orphan parents/the one you sleep with regularly

A box of fettuccini (about 150g) – whole grain takes 10-20mintes longer to cook but still fantastic

6 cups-ish of water

Dash of salt (make water boil faster)

2 cups of diced peeled carrots

However much bacon you want to use/need to use to make a layer. I used seven pieces.

3 cups of diced chicken

Tons of spices! Experiment with this! I just put gobs of pepper/paprika/chilipowder/garlic powder/parsely/thyme and mixed it all up in a bowl with the chicken and let it sit for about a half hour to absorb it all before i baked it

A fair amount of alfredo sauce. I used an entire bottle and it covered the noodles decently

3ish cups of grated marble cheese

A box of turkey stuffing

Pictures!


Bacon!

This is after I made the noodles with the carrots + sauce + spiced chicken, that was the first layer and I separated the two layers with a layer of bacon (duh)


FINAL PRODUCT! NOOOOOOOOMS.

This is the final product before I hucked it in the oven. Delicious.


post-baking for 15 minutes

My folks inhaled half of it before I could get a picture of the final-final product

Any questions on preparations feel free to comment below!

2 comments:

  1. PLEEZE HELP MEE FOR GOD SAKE

    ReplyDelete
  2. help you do what? Make this? What aspect do you need explained?

    first cook linguini - 20mins (til noodles are soft)
    cook chicken pieces (either bake or pan fry)
    oook bacon (pan fry)
    cook carrots (pot + water), or steam the if you have the equipment

    Put alfredo sauce onthe noodles first and about half cup of shredded cheese, mix it all together til its gooey - add spices put one layer in the baking dish then put a layer of cooked bacon put second layer of linguini with carrots and chicken with it (or on top - whatever you prefer)

    Quickly cook up some stuffing (stuff in a box or make own) layer it on top of the second layer of noodle mix, garnish with whatever you want - etra alfredo sauce or cheese or bbq sauce and some spices.

    Bake at 350 for about 10-15mins that way all the stuff sticks together decently.

    All together it takes about 30-40 minutes to make including prep/baking

    ReplyDelete