Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dear Canada Post, ARE YOU SERIOUSLY SERIOUS AGAIN, SERIOUSLY?!


University sucks.

It is basically the reason I haven’t posted in a while, plus the fact that I’ve been busy moving and getting the hell out of the ghetto.

Yay!

I just started changing my address on a bunch of stuff so mail doesn’t get sent to my old address and sending forms in for child abuse check to prove to my school that I don’t beat children on Tuesdays.

Anyway. I send the form in through Canada Post, put ONE stamp on it, figuring it would get to Winnipeg, which is exactly two hours away. I’ve mailed things to Ottawa from Nova Scotia with NO stamps perfectly fine before.

Then I move into my new apartment and the landlord says “Hey, you got mail sent back to you lols.”

WHAT YOU’RE KIDDING YOU BIG JERK

This is getting ridiculous.

Yeah, I finally got out of the ghetto because I secured a fucking beautiful new apartment and don’t have a terrifying intimidating nazi landlord. I messaged my previous landlord the other day after I moved all of my stuff into my new place about getting my damage deposit back, Absolutely shocking enough she’s withholding it to “clean your room.”

Fuckin’ Bologna.

I had a giant lab exam the same day I had to be out of my apartment and spent 30 hours straight studying for it prior to it. I’m not a dirtbag, I clean up after myself, especially if I’m living in someone elses house. I spilled a literal pin point dot of blue food colouring on her vomit-shade-of-white carpet. Completely unnoticeable unless your hands and knees. Food colouring is easily scrubbed out, and I even offered to scrub it out. She said nevermind because she was planning on ripping it up for her renovations. I assumed I was getting my damage deposit back as I cleaned the whole house out as the other tenants did NOTHING. Evidently, no. Fuck her and her ugly small house. I just wanted out of there and don’t feel like fighting over 200 bucks as she’s very intimidating and batheaded nuts.

Short story is, the new place is ten times better, roomier, cleaner and for fuck sakes the new landlord baked me freakin’ cookies two days after I moved in. YUS.

Cheers, fools.

2 comments:

  1. She's not allowed to just keep the damage deposit like that.

    Print some shit off from the Tenancy Act and I'm sure she'll be scared of the big words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, I don't feel like arguing with her and doing the foot work reading into it. It's only 200 bucks and just getting out of there is good enough. Most landlords out here are dicks about damage deposts, 'specially the ones that have carpet in the rooms. Lucky here the carpet is actually put down proper and not old as hell and not white.

    ReplyDelete